My amazing friend Franza (http://franzad.wordpress.com/author/franzad/) has honoured me in her award list. I very humbly accept this award and thank her for being an amazing support and a true friend. We author’s need to stick together!
You got the Award, now what?:
– I list 11 random facts about myself.
– I will answer the 11 questions asked of me by the person who nominated me.
– I will then nominate my 11 picks for the award along with my 11 questions for them to answer when they post a response.
– If you’re nominated, your name/link will appear at the bottom of this post along with your questions. Follow the same format; paste the award badge to your blog, give us 11 random facts about yourself, answer my 11 questions, and choose your nominees…but you cannot nominate the blog who nominated you.
11 Random Facts About Me:
- I stick my tongue out when it snows to see what it tastes like
- I do not suffer fools gladly
- I dream of having my own library where I can spend hours sitting on the floor reading
- I love anything made of marshmallows
- I can tap dance
- I can hold my breath for AGES under water
- I have signed up for my first half marathon – April 2013 (got to start somewhere!)
- Time stands still when I read a good book
- My favourite breakfast is egg mashed in a cup served with toast
- Chocolate is always the answer but that’s because I don’t care about the question
- I cannot drink wine without having a snack to go with it
11 questions for me from Franza:
What was the first book you fell in love with?
Knots & Crosses by Ian Rankin – this was the first Rebus book I read and I have read it so many times now. It makes me want to write crime and gives me the belief I can do it well!
Who do you admire the most?
Anyone who overcomes all odds to achieve their dreams regardless of background, race and gender.
What is your favourite genre of writing and why?
Children’s rhyming stories and blood-curdling crime – I KNOW – no difference lol
Why do you write?
Because my brain would explode with all the stories flying around in it and I would become smothered with all the post-its cluttering up my house with potential ideas scribbled on them.
What is you favourite first sentence?
‘She knew’…usually followed by ranting of a criminal nature.
Horror or romance?
Horror all the way…with a splash of romance chucked in for good measure but not in the same book.
Are you the person you want to be?
Differs every day – I go through being very frustrated with myself and my inability to be stricter with my writing, to being immensely happy at what life has thrown my way and I came out the other side not too shabby – could be the hormones though – I’m not getting any younger!
Which experience first made you aware of the shortness of life?
I was very late on in my second pregnancy when my Mum passed away – it wasn’t easy but I think I am a better person for having had that to deal with along with everything else in my life. My Mums motto was ‘What’s for you won’t pass you’ – so that’s how I tend to think and act these days.
What is the emotion you fear the most and why?
Guilt – I am forever analysing what I say/do/think and how it affects the people around me – I call it My Size Five Predicament and does lend itself to some sleepless nights.
What kind of traveller are you?
I am a horrific passenger – you know the kind of passenger who goes for the brake pedal when I’m not driving. I also don’t like to travel in the back of a car.
I like to go abroad to sunnier climes or to paddle in the rain looking for crabs but not for very long as I miss home too much. Big jessy that I am.
What do you desire most?
My wee boys to remain the same wee nutters that they are right now and not succumb to teenage angst just yet. Also, for them not to do half the stuff I did when I was a teenager – fills me with dread. But then I survived. Very, very steep learning curves though.
I would also love the council to stop reducing school funding and for the love of god, stop laying tracks for trams that no-one is EVER going to use. That money (£192m and the rest) would be better spent elsewhere: education, hospitals, further education – the list is endless when the Number 22 goes the same route and is every 3 minutes! Don’t get me started.
And my 11 nominations are – I need to look at this another day as I will need Mr B’s techy advice on this one – so it’s a Work In Progress…
11 questions for you, my fantastic and lovely inspirational writers:
- If you were a superhero, what would be your name and your talents?
- What do you see as your best quality?
- What gives you your inspiration to write?
- If you couldn’t write what you would do every day?
- If you met Dr Jeckyll or Mr Hyde for that matter – what would you ask him?
- If you could only take three things with you on a desert island – what would they be and why?
- Have you ever thought about changing your name to something else ?
- Tattoos or henna?
- My favourite crying scene is in the film Truly Madly Deeply – snot and everything! What is your favoured emotion?
- If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go and who would you take (dead or alive)?
- If a genie granted you 3 wishes, what would they be?
So, now all I need to is ‘award’ 11 of my bloggy friend’s with the same honour and let the good times roll!
Happy Snow Day everyone (I don’t think it’s National Snow Day today – but it is from where I’m sitting!)
That’s a Ten Four Rubber Duck – over and out.